Monday, December 7, 2009

Armored

I went to see Armored this weekend. The one with Matt Dillon and Fred Ward. I enjoyed it quite a bit, despite the obvious glaring planning errors. If only they had called me to plan it first - nothing would have gone wrong.

So, the question is...who thinks that the heist they were talking about that occurred in 1988 was them? They said they didn't take enough money, so maybe this time they knew better. Still, if it had been them, wouldn't there have been a record of them being involved? And don't you think that would have been a bit suspicious if it occurred again? Flaw 1. But maybe it wasnt them the first time - maybe that just gave them the idea.

Flaw 2 - who doesn't check out the building first to be sure it is empty?
Flaws 3 & 4 - who would drink when the first thing they would be checking would be blood for drugs and alcohol? and who would shoot, knowing that the guns would most likely be tested for firing? Ok, still, it was good.

Flaw 5 - when offered the choice to come out of the truck, and share in the 42M, or stay in the truck and be killed when they get to you - or at the very least go to jail when the cops got there because how would you not be implicated at that point? Not to mention there is a dead homeless guy.

Ok - other than all that, I really liked it. There was time to show why the character would have made the choice he did to join. But that brings me to Flaw 6. He did it to save his home and keep his brother out of foster care. Wouldn't it be a bit suspicious to suddenly get enough money to save the house? He mentioned getting nasty letters from the bank, so obviously he was not going to be able to sit on the money for a year or so.

At the end, when it was all wrapping up, I mentioned to my movie partner that all he had to do is keep his mouth shut and no one would know that he was in the planning of it. And lo and behold what happened? He was considered a hero and would get a reward, thereby saving his house and everything else.

Still, if I were him, I would be looking for another job.

I wish there were people out there that could find this and respond to it. I really want to know if others like movies just for enjoyment as I do. Find me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment